Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Random Stuff


as if I don't always just post random stuff.

This is the BEST chocolate milk on the ENTIRE PLANET!!!



I have no relationship with whoever makes this, but yuuuuummmmm....It is really rich. I found it at Fresh Market and I haven't seen it anywhere else yet. If you can find some, buy it!   Drink it!   Buy some more! 

*********************


I found this headline online and I think the writer could have worded it differently:


Huh?

I do realize what it intends to communicate, but there must have been a better way to say it. 


And a favorite of mine---there was a headline that was purportedly in a NY paper when Ike Turner died: Ike Beats Tina to Death. I suspect that the writer was snickering when he wrote that, and then the copy editor snickered and let it go to print. 

**********************


For something else totally random, one of my pet peeves, and I realize I might be almost alone (click for CBS opinion) in this, is the response "No problem" when someone says "Thank you."



Last year when I was in the UK, I thought that, of course, people there would say "You're welcome." They are so very polite on all of those PBS dramas, you know?

But at a tea shop when I thanked the server for my tea and scone, she replied.......


"Not a bother."


More polite? Less polite? I don't know. 

I give up!

And you are very welcome.

(I can't go cold turkey.)


3 comments:

Jono said...

Yes, but would you LIKE to have a relationship with whoever makes it?

knittergran said...

Of course!

joeh said...

I'm with you. No Problem should come after an apology, not a thank you.
"I'm sorry, did I cut in line?" "No problem."

"Thank you for helping me." "You're welcome."