Sunday, April 19, 2015

Frogged

Except for the twisted broken rib ribbing which was a pain to knit and I don't want to do it twice.



Remember this sweater?

No?  That's OK. I barely do. I am making it from BT's Shelter yarn, which I love, but I had a horrible time swatching for it and after I saw another knitter's sweater, made from the same brand and weight yarn, I realized that my gauge, no matter what the swatch said, was too tight, and that the fabric I was creating was too dense. It almost seemed to be a felted fabric, which is not what the pattern designer and I were going for.

So it's frogged and now complete with lifelines. I'd like to report that I was being organized and had put the lifelines in as I knit, but I can't because I didn't. And it is such an easy thing to do with interchangeable needles that it's just plain crazy not to put them in.  

Next time. Remind me, OK?

No comments: