Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TFCC

When I went to my FINAL appointment with my orthopedist's pa yesterday, I expected it to be my FINAL appointment.  But she diagnosed this smallish pain I have as this:


and told me to come back in six weeks.

Don't use the googles.  It's not interesting. 

So, the official medical rx is:

1.  Use rx anti-inflammatories.
2.  Six more weeks of pt.
3.  Wear the removable cast.
4.  Use ice.

My plan:

1.  No thank you.  I'll use Advil.
2.  H*ll no.  I mean, no thank you.
3.  Are you freaking kidding me? No thank you.
4.  Maybe...... but probably not.

It only hurts when I press down hard on the area, so my theory is that I won't touch it or bother it in any way and it will go away on its own.  No need for follow-up in six weeks.

So says Knittergran, MD.  

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

So long as it isn't the knitting that is aggravating it! Heaven forbid...